View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 05:27 PM   #18
cesar49
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Lightbulb cabbage leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie2 View Post
Well we're back from our vet.Lola is better today.The vet told me good job on the warm cloths and squeezing some milk out. The swelling is going down and the Clavamox should already be working. So I could put the puppy on those nipples to nurse and help. Her tempwas good at 101.5

I am happy to report that the puppy that we named Lucky is gaining weight.Tuesday's weight was 3.75 oz now up to 4.25 oz.I asked about the dewclaws and my vet said honestly to leave them. If later on when he gets neutered they would dewclaw them while he's getting neutered.She didnt want to stress the baby.
My husband met our vet for the first time today and now he knows why I like her so much.She is caring dog lover first.I go back in a few weeks to pickup a dewormer for puppy. The best part of our appt today? The vet said she wasn't going to charge us anything. She said just to take her home and take care of her.And to bring her back in a week to remove the stitches
She also gave me a home remedy for the swelling! She said to get Cabbage leaves and put them against her breast and wrap like a T-shirt material around her to keep the cabbage leaves there for a while and do that a few times a day.

I actually slept lastnight for almost 7 hrs! I woke up in the middle of the night to check on them and the puppy was already nursing when I got there I will clean her up a bit with a warm washcloth and take pictures of mom and baby later today.

Thanks to everyone and thanks that YT exists! I've been here for 4 yrs and the knowledge I've gained is amazing.Even though doubting myself several times ,I still knew what to look out for and I truly believe that it saved Lola's life andher puppy's.

Genie,Cookie,Lola,Angel &Lucky

glad youre all better

who is the daddy to your puppy?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!