View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #12
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieChick1 View Post
I hate to tell you this but I have had Yorkies for 18 years and have never met anyone that can say that their Yorkie is 100% potty trained all the time!! They are very smart and know where they are supposed to go but are very sneaky and sometime vindictive!! I have one girl that fake squats!! We would go outside to potty and I would see her squat and I would praise her and she would come in the house and go hide and pee. I would find pee later and think who did that?? Then one time I picked her up when she was coming in from the backyard and her little whizzer was dry and I realized that she would fake squat so that she could come inside!! What a little stinker!! It is frustrating but I love them so much that I just put up with it and don't let any of them in my living room so that I atleast have 1 room that guests can come and it smells clean, no dog hair on the couch and pee spots on the area rugs!!
Loki is completely trained. His only accidents are truly accidents. He asks to go outside 100% of the time. I don't even crate him if I'm going to be gone less than a few hours. He has diabetes insipidus which means he drinks probably 4 times as much as normal and therefore needs to go out 4 times as often, so maybe he is so good because he has so much practice. No seriously, he is food motivated and he'd rather get the treat for going outside. The only time he has an accident is if he has to go very badly and I don't let him out immediately when he asks, and even that is very rare like every few months. Sometimes he gets scared by a clap of thunder or something but that is all related to his bladder issues and not at all a training issue.

Sammy is good too. She only has accidents like if I come home and don't let her out right away she is so busy greeting me she might forget to ask to go out, which again would be human error.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!