View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 05:18 PM   #10
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

I DO know what real service dogs do - Debbie of Cosettes Closet has a trained yorkie who can dial 911.

To me - A true Service Dog can anticipate seizures etc. and yes - I do understand the idea - but wonder how they could really help if they were all leashed and zipped in a stroller.

Whether that yorkie was a service dog or not - maybe I was more not understanding how someone can bring a dog into a store in a stroller - but not one encased in a carrier.

I would guess many people would want to have a service dog for various reasons ...one of them may be just so they can take them shopping ?

I just realized my girls might be service dogs - when I say "My head is Killing me" they know to sit quietly beside me - does that classify them as Service Dog wannabes ? Maybe I could get them to pour the water for the asprin ? I'm just kidding here - but yes - for hearing impaired people I can see where they would be a great asset if trained properly.

and I agree on shopping in Walmart - that store is NUTS - for those of us who NEED that "Please stay 3 foot away from me" thing - the people in that store cannot measure. lol - I'm always turning around cause someone is just standing in the middle of the isles and they move slower than the time it takes for a train to cross an intersection when you're in a hurry.

Last edited by red98vett; 09-01-2005 at 05:21 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!