View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

The submissive or excitement peeing is a tough issue because it is completely disconnected from housetraining. Talk to your vet to see if there is a medical issue, but from a training side you need to have guests and people IGNORE her when they come in until she calms down. There are tons of training books out there that address the problem.

As far as pooping in the middle of the night - basically she has to go at that time and obviously she isn't letting you know. You can try changing her feeding schedule so she will go earlier in the evening or not until morning. You can walk her before bed until she goes (they usually can't hold it on a walk and will go before they would normally ask to be let out). You can also crate her and take her out first thing in the morning and make sure she goes. She might also cry in the middle of the night to be let out, which is fine because then she is learning she needs to ASK to go out and that you will take her. I know if mine wake me up in the morning and I ignore them they will go on the floor, so we just go out and then go back to bed. It's not their fault if they try to wake me up and I ignore them or tell them to go back to sleep - they tried! So even when they want to go out at 5am we take them out and go back to sleep!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!