Thread: Gate
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 06:37 AM   #7
pagonzal
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylf1 View Post
Three options:

1. They sell gates at Petsmart and other pet stores that have wire mesh and wood frames. You can adjust the size and they have 4 white rubber stoppers on the sides. They do not leave a mark. I own two of them for different areas of my house and was worried about the same issue. You can just set it up and when you have guests and you want to hide it, put it in a closet and no one knows the difference.

2. Now that my dog is getting older, I leave him in the kitchen while I am at work. The doorway to my kitchen is huge and there isn't a gate that is big enough to fit. I bought an xpen (at Walmart) and instead of setting it up like it is pictured, I have it completely spread out. It stabilizes by being next to my washer/dryer and then looping around to tuck around another corner. Because of the extra room, I can expand it into the hallway so he can see everyone heading his way. He loves it. I do not have it screwed against anything, just leaned up against walls and it holds just fine.

3. Some companies also make free-standing gates. They tend to be pretty pricey but it is an option.

Look at some stores online and see what you think. I have both options #1 and #2 and I like both. I can't speak for option #3 as I have never had one.

Good luck!
Is it by Four Paws? I just got it this morning.

Pam
pagonzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!