View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
erickajm
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have a co-worker that wanted one of my puppies to start breeding..I had told her they were already taken...A week later she bought s**t zoos and then used her and her roomates(story all in itself) to buy another and another Mastiff...which she already had one...so now, she lives in a development and one of her neighbors contacted the animal people about her having so many dogs! Her s**t dog just had a litter of 5 the other day...her roomate..who also works with me, calls me to tell me they just had pups and to make sure it would be ok for him to go to work so I run through the whelping common sense questions and it sounded like everything went well....sorry..getting sidetracked here....our last conversation was her asking me to go in with her since we have a bit of land....brace yourselves....to build an outside kennel with runs and do a *ahem*(puppy mill) breeding kennel. She proceeds to tell me how she cant work in this job forever that she wanted something easy to make money and wants to get more dogs but has to wait because of her f'n neighbors.
So I sat there and listened...then very politely said...I am and want to remain a very small breeder. I love the breed that I breed. I have waited over 12 years to own and breed and I'm really not in it for the money...yes the money is nice...if you make any after the fact but....she looks at me dumbfounded and says, oh, well I wanted to "get" yorkies but they are so expensive. Geez...what do you say to that? She is a very strongheaded, opinionated person...oh wait, thats me! jk..she is too! I only say things that I can word in just the right way so that I am not downgrading her but at the same time making her look like an ass. It never ceases to amaze me!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!