View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
River
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Metacarpal Fistulas of the GS dog?

Ok, on top of Indy's liver shunt and his life or death situation, the vet calls me today with my German Shepherd, Hunter, biopsy results. He had surgery a week ago on his feet. He had these wierd holes in his feet that looked like puncture holes and oozed blood. They wouldn't go away so I had the vet look at them and she operated on him and found this stuff in one of the holes. The biopsy came back as Metacarpal Fistulas of the German Shepherd Dog. My vet never even heard of this. It affects middle age male GS dogs with German bloodlines. Of course, Hunter is a middle age male GS with German bloodlines!! Where do I find these dogs?!! I swear God gives them to me because He knows that I'll take care of them!! I wish I could get rid of that SUCKER sign that I know is on me somewhere!! In all my dogs, 6 in all, I've dealt with epilepsy, inguinal hernias, allergies, 2 cruciate repairs, panosteitis, and now a liver shunt for my Indy and this for Hunter. I should have been a vet, I could have paid for vet school by now!!
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!