View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
Ladyhawk
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylee333 View Post
There are a lot of people here that must be unhappy in their lives because all they want to do is try to manage other peoples lives....

I can understand your excitement and they need to remember that they all started out new in the begining.

Keep us posted...The only stupid question is the one that you don't ask.

They only way you learn is to ask!

Congrats on your up coming litter!!!
It has nothing todo with managing other's lives as they will do as they please. It has to do with preserving the breed that we love and have put our lives into. All dogs should be loved but not all dogs should be bred. When I was a teenager I had a cockapoo that I dearly loved, he was the best dog. Do you know what often happens when you combine a poodle and a cocker spaniel? You can end up with the weaknesses of both breeds and they do not go well together. My poor ruffles had a disk slip in his back due to his inherant weakness and became paralyzed. We had to put him to sleep when he was only 6 years old. I'm not saying that purebreds can't have problems but you can know their lines and work to alleviate genetic weaknesses. I breed the way that I do for a reason. Breeding is not a game, it's life and death business. We breed with a goal and the betterment of the breed in mind. Do not presume to know why we feel the way that we do. We are passionate about this breed and have devoted our lives to it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!