View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #11
RawfedYorkieLuv
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default No need for premade raw!

Sorry to hear that your baby is over weight! You mentioned that you'd like to feed NV raw but that it was too expensive. I agree! Pre made raw is over priced but there's an alternative that's even healthier than pre- made. What about prey model raw? No need to grind anything, no supplements, no veggies or fruit. Just meaty bones and organ meats, fish, eggs. It will get your dog the physical and mental workout that she needs and she will lose weight and eventually end up at her ideal fairly quickly! It will also clean up those teeth better than anything else on this planet short of paying for expensive dental cleanings! It's also cheaper than feeding premium kibble. I'm feeding 3 yorkies for around $15 a month! If you need for info;
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...odel-diet.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyd View Post
I'm feeding her Innova Evo now and have been for about a year. I've just recently noticed how high the fat content was and am thinking of switching her food. (Evo was recommended by a holistic vet for my 13 yr old lab and I prefer to buy one bag of food). Anyone have any suggestions? I'd love to feed her NV raw, but I can't afford it right now. Oh, she's only getting 1/2 cup a day. The bag calls for 3/4 cup but some days she gets a lot of treats, so I feed her less. Is it possible she's not eating enough?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!