View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Update on Lola and Lucky

My husband named him today. he called me from work and just told me
" Lucky,that's his name ok?"

I have not really slept in the past 24 hrs lol. I had to put him on a nipple and pet Lola while he sucked. He was 3.88 oz lastnight that was after I found the digital scale and he had already fed.Today I took his weight and it shows 3.75 .Today I will be a little more aggressive with the feeding.The thing is he sucks well for like 10 minutes and then calms down and crawls in her chest and falls asleep.He’s pooping and peeing so he must be getting food. Also I put him to suckle around 11:30 pm lastnight and set my alarm for 2:30 am.Well by 1 am he was crying and I jumped out of bed to put him on her nipple. I ended up having to get my pillow and sheet and lay beside them…very uncomfy for me since I had to keep my body curled up the whole time! Lol Well then around 2 am the absolute strangest thing happened! Lola started to dig and pant! She kept digging and making noises that truly sounded like she was worried sort of wimpering but whispered .She kept panting and digging and she started licking the puppy like crazy! She did not stop licking him forlike 40 minutes. She even chewed the bit of dry umbilical cord that he had remaining .Then she rolled on her back so he would be able to nurse.I wanted to get the camera and record this but I was enjoying this bonding moment too much. Well I got the scale and put it on the floor next to their bed . When I took thepuppy she jumped out of the bed and was trying to take him away from me and she was crying for him. Icould barely weigh him and hurried andput him in bed with her and told her “It’s ok ,it’s ok,I just needed to check him” I guess she needed to experience the birth to realize that she had him?

Genie,Cookie,Lola,Angel & Lucky
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!