View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #13
Angelyn
Yorkie Talker

My experience was almost the "reverse". We had used Advantix in Georgia for months very successfully.
Then, as we were moving, I ran by the vet's office because we were out of flea preventative. She gave me Frontline instead of Advantix because she had none on hand. When we gave it to Aimer, she began drooling excessively and shaking non-stop. She wouldn't come to us, she wouldn't let us touch her. I had put the med. on her around 8:00 p.m. and didn't really notice this until around 10. By midnight, she had 3 baths and I was desperately calling a vet. (considering we were 5 hours from her home vet., and she hadn't been seen in SC, I was desperate for anyone to help me).
Luckily, after the last bath, she appeared to be more content and wasn't drooling. She was still shaking--but we contributed that to her actually hating baths! She was fine--but I would never ever do that to her again!
Her new vet here in SC gave her the advantix. She has not had any problems as far as reactions to it, but she also has continued to have a flea or two.
In fact, it doesn't seem to work, so I opted NOT to give it to her today after reading the posts because if it isn't working, then there's no need to put her through that.

Does anyone have any all-natural flea preventative ideas? I know they treat the golf course behind our home, so I try to keep her off of the course after they 've treated it due to the toxins they use. I don't really have a "concern" about fleas, but I DO live in the South!
Angelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!