View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 AM   #10
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyorkshireters View Post
She is no longer on any medication or daily bathing with a shampoo form the vets.The mites have cleared up now but its still on going with infections and the itchness the supplements that my yorkies are on is called yumegam you put it in their food once aday.
The food we give them is pedigree chum with gravy and also afew bisciuts twice aday other than that they have nothing different except afew dog treat every now and again.

Thanks Joanne
Glad to hear the mites have cleared up. That is good news. Now, I am concerned that there is an infection going on and she is not being treated with antib's - unless it is a staph infection that keeps reoccurring due to the fact that she is itching, then scratching and bacteria is getting into the open skin, causing little scabs. Does that sound like what the Vet said is the problem?

If so, they you need to get to the root of her itching and stop the scratching. Her food may be the issue. Can you either home cook for her, or put her on a brand of food made for allergies?

Can you put a cotton shirt or cotton baby onesies on her to stop her from make her skin raw from scratching?

Did the Vet suggest give her some type of antihistamine to help control her urge to scratch?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!