View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
nycyorkieowner
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cool thanks!

thanks for the advice!

i'm definitely going to look into changing his food... i tried giving him Cesaer's but I don't think he likes that either. i've been giving him Nutra Cal 2-3 times a day, and he seems to like it. the guy at the store said that the Nutra Cal decreases his appetite so I usually try to feed him first, then give him the vitamins.

as for the crate, I'm kind of torn on it. as much as i would love for him to share a bed with me, he's def not potty trained, and i don't him to eliminate on my bed! i'm thinking i'll move the crate into my room, so at least he won't feel so separated from me. right now, he's in the hallway across from my room so i can see him when i keep the door open.

the exercise pen sounds like a great idea. i dont have much space in the main areas of the house, and i don't want to put him in the basement by himself! there will be times when he'll be home alone, so i rather him walk around in an open space, as opposed to being confined to a crate. a lot of my friends who own dogs have done the crate training, and they highly recommend that i do the same for Oscar. i'm comfortable with the crate, but i def agree that he needs a bigger space to work with when he's home alone.

when i'm home though, i def take him out more than 3x a day for more than 10min at a time. i'm only worried about the whole hypoglycemia thing, but he def gets his fair share of vitamins and syrup throughout the day.

anyway, keep the advice coming! can't wait til i get to talk to the vet
nycyorkieowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!