View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #9
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

For those who expressed an interest this will get you started in training your dog to be a service animal.It is really easy depending on your disability but most basic behaiors like bringing things to you or barking at certain noises or just licking your face to calm you are considered training.

A good place to start is to read the law and understand it. Basically as soon as a dog begins its training it qualifies as a service dog and is allowed access everywhere. Even puppies like Ava! There are rules that business establishments must be aware of and follow and here is a link to a FAQ that I printed out and carry with me because there are a lot of businesses that don't know the laws. www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/qasrvc.htm

If you google service animals too you can read a lot of info. PM me if you need more info after you get started. You don't have to reigister or certify them but there is a registry called SARA or service animal registry of america that gives you a ID tag for $35 which helps sometimes and they are not required to wear vests of other distinquihing uniforms but you can buy them or the patches at www.raspberryfield.com.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!