View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default New Hurdle to Overcome with C-section Baby

I wanted to know from anyone who's had a C-section done on their girl.Did she eventually warm up to the puppies? Lola does NOT want to even sit near her baby.I pick her up and pet her while slowly putting her in her whelp bed with her baby. As soon as she is in ,she just walks right out. I show her the puppy and she refuses to look,she just turns her face .Also twice she has growled at him when he sucked on a nipple. So I've been supervising the feedings.Physically squeezing her teat and puttin him on it. I sit there while he feeds for about 10-15 minutes. Then he always likes to crawl by her neck and her paw is over like she is hugging him. As soon as she's aware that he's there ,she walks out of the bed.

Is this normal behavour? She doesnt seem to be in any pain from the C-section but she just wants to be with me . I have an Xpen enclosed around the whelpbox with a peepad on the side,food and water. The puppy has been peeing and pooping on his own a few times today. She does not lick to stimulate him to pee or poop.
Tonight I'm sleeping in the bathroom with them to make sure he eats ever 1-2 hrs at least. I NEED a better scale! I've been calling Staples ,Office Max and so on and the cheapest one was $119. I just can't afford that much right now. When I weigh him it says 3.5 ,before and after feedings.Not showing weightloss and since he is peeing and pooping I'm pretty sure he is getting milk. Lola ate a good amount around 5 pm (about a cup of puppy food) plus she had a few oz of Post Whelping Pudding. She did not want to drink water though . For some reason she likes to drink and eat at night.I worry that she might hurt him on purpose.

I really wanted to give birth naturally so she can see that the puppycame from inside herl lol. Right now she's acting like he's a total stranger and she wants to be as far away from him as possible.

Genie,Cookie,Lola,Angel & Baby
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!