View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
tmatherly
Razorback Yorkie Lover
Donating Member

Default Boy, did I feel silly....

So I took Pippa in to the Vet Tuesday to have her baby teeth removed and a "dental" done (that's where they clean your dogs teeth for you....after the vet saw them last visit and wrinkled his nose and said, "wow, these are really dirty teeth" and you say..."I tried to brush 'em, but she's scared of the toothbrush, and I can't get it in her mouth at all!") Anyway, after worrying myself silly about anesthesia, and reading horror stories on the internet while waiting for them to call me...the vet tech calls and says Pippa did fine, but they didn't have to remove any teeth, because they were already gone!

I felt pretty stupid for not checking out her mouth before we went, but, well, I felt like I had a reprieve from the teeth brushin thing since they were doing a "dental". Ok, so I've decided to mend my wicked "letting the dog have her way" with the toothbrush ways and be diligent! They gave me some "Oravet" stuff to put on her teeth once every 2 weeks or so, to prevent plaque buildup.....but the instructions say to DRY THE TEETH with a dry towel, or gauze before applying the stuff. It's going to be like the Tazmanian Devel trying to get that done!!!!! I have been talking to her sweetly and just touching her teeth with my fingers....all the stuff everyone tells you to do to get them used to it, she isn't goin' for it....
One more thing for me to worry/feel guilty about.
We should add to the forum "what you need to know before getting a Yorkie ( or dog of anykind) ARE YOU READY TO BRUSH THEIR TEETH ALL THE TIME??
But I'm gonna do it, by god.....
tmatherly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!