View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 07:40 PM   #14
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

We bought Janet Jackson's book [among others] when we were studying and deciding whether we would buy a Yorkie. I, personally, thought it had a lot of good information and yes, it does mention Nylabone quite a bit. As a matter of fact, I keep it in one of Toto's bags when we travel to use as a reference. "The Complete Idiots Guide to Yorkshire Terrier" is a great little book! It's very simple and easy to understand. I also bought "The Dog Listener" by Jan Fennell [I believe I mentioned it recently in another thread]. We began using her training methods, which makes very good sense, and the very first day Toto learned not to run to the door and begin jumping on Patrick when he got home from the office! It was amazing! Then we began to notice a change in her personality!! It was also amazing ... we hated it! She was so sad ... she quit snuggling on my lap during the day and began to lay on the foot of our bed instead of snuggling up close to us at night!! It was horrible ... so, Patrick and I agreed ... the training in the book is wonderful for people who have larger pets ... but we don't think it's appropriate for our baby! We really don't care who's "alpha" in our home ... if Toto wants that role ... it's hers!! It took days to reverse that little bit of training ... the first day she finally climbed onto my lap, I sat and held her all day!! I, for one, am going to be very selective in any training method from now on!! I love my "brat" just the way she is ... just a little more obedient!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!