View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
bfollowell
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Puppy food opinions?

I know there are a few threads concerning dog foods but most of them refer to dog foods that are not available anywhere near my area. Through some online research and word of mouth, I've narrowed my search to three products from two different companies. All of these are available in my area, though a little out of the way. I'd like to hear comments and suggestions from anyone that may have experience with any of these three brands.

I had narrowed my search to Diamond Naturals Small Breed Puppy Formula or Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover's Soul Puppy Formula, also from Diamond. I was leaning a little more towards the makeup of the Chicken Soup but didn't like the idea that they don't have a small breed version. We all know how small our little guys' mouths are, especially when they're puppies. I'm concerned about the size of the kibble with this one.

When I called the one nearby vendor, she said both of the Diamond brands were OK but, if it were her dog, she'd go with the CANIDAE All Life Stage formula. She said it was better, didn't have the fish preservative everyone is worried about (I can't recall the name but would know it if I saw it) and that, since it was an "All Life" stage food, I wouldn't have to worry about changing diets as my puppy grows to adulthood.

What do you guys think? I'm fairly certain I will be using one of these three so I'd prefer not to hear a lot of comments about use this or that instead of those since I know most of them probably aren't available in my area but I will take any suggestions anyone is willing to give. I guess the main thing I'm hoping for is a comparison or first hand experience with these three brands. If someone thinks I'm really off the wall for considering these for some reason then, by all means, set me straight. I just want to give my new little guy all the nutritional advantages I can.

Thanks to any and everyone that can help.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!