View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie08 View Post
I'm glad to hear that wet food is better. I have some wellness wet food that i recently bought and i feed it to her this morning. She gobbled it up. (when she saw it she got really excited and just sat next to me and waited...for once she was actually excited for her food). So it's okay to feed her wet food? I will start brushing her teeth...though i don't really know how. I'd appreciate it if you could give me some pointers. I'm hesitant about the raw diet, but I am interested in home cooking and would be glad if you could give me some pointers. But for the time being I'm just glad that she actually finish eating all her food.
P.S. on another note, i've also heard that dry food is better cause it excerises the jaw whereas wet food doesn't. is this true. (i know i'm paranoid but i don't want to sacrifice her health/well being).
Thanks for everything.
Hey No problem we've all been there!!
yes keep with the wet if that is what she loves.

as for brushing her teeht. You can go to the drug store and get an infant tooth brush and you can get toothpaste at Petsmart or somewhere like that... let her lick the brush and chew on it if she wants.. then slowly start introducing it into her mouth. i put Layla on her back... let her lick the toothpaste off the brush and then start pulling back on her cheeks and scrub her teeth. little by little.. she'll get used to it

Home cooking is EASY!!! you pick a meat and a veggie.. always mixing things up.. i just boiled some extra lean ground beef for Layla and right now she is eating a mixture of carrots, cauliflour and peppers that i put in a food processor. once a month i make up her food and store it in the freezer in small amounts. Layla also loves baked fish (Salmon, talapia, haddock) chicken is great for them.. as long as the skin is off. Yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, fruit (no grapes) veggies (no mushrooms or onions) are ALL great.. but you HAVE to suppliement. I make my own... but you can also buy it... if home cooking becomes more than half of her diet.. you NEED to suppliement. but if she has eggs for breakfast and kibble or canned food for supper you are fine. If you go 100% home cooking you need to get a blood panel done at the vet at least once a year to make sure she isn't missing any nutrients. If you want info on suppliements let me know if you have more questions you can always PM me.. i'm so happy to help!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!