View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Default I wouldn't have sold this lady a stuffed dog

I had a young lady come to my house last night to look at my puppies. She brought a friend with her. They came in and I handed her Blaze, the puppy that she was interested in, and asked them to sit on the sofa.

She sat down and Blaze was all wiggly and climbing her shoulder acting like a normal puppy. she says "Eww it's so hyper." The friend said well she's a puppy, they settle down when the get older. She said "well the other one just sat there" He said "and it was shaking."

I said "was it raised in the family home." she said "it was at a pet store". so I explained to her that it was most likely a puppy mill puppy and probably had very little human contact and it was frightened. Her friend agreed.

she said "but they're so wiggly." and acted repulsed.

I'm thinking, 'Lady you need a stuffed animal, not a puppy.'

I'm so glad she didn't want her cause I would have had to turn her down.

I guess I just assumed that everyone knows that puppies run and play and chew and get into mischief. And they even poop on your floor

Apparently Blaze kenw she was not the one because she definitely wanted that lady to put her down, and when I pick her up she is just all full of kisses. I can't imagine that woman's reaction if Blaze had tried to kis her.

My new policy, If you won't let my dog kiss you on the lips then you can't have it.

I think I will question perspective buyers more about just what they are expecting from a pet, and if they want one that just sits on their lap I'll suggest that they look for an adult dog or a stuffed animal.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!