View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Default Hurricane Pets vs. Service dogs

I just wanted to post this because sometimes I think we make decisions without full knowledge of what life may deal us in the future.

I heard so many stories about people who left their precious pets behind to perish when they had to escape this natural disaster. I feel that some of them could have been saved and I think we can start here with our membership.

I posted a poll recently asking the members if they had a qualifying disability, would they make their dog a service animal. While the majority said they would, I was frankly surprised by those who said they would not.

Even if you don't use the fact that your dog is a service animal on a daily basis it may just save it's life someday. If you are ever in a situation like this hurricane where hotels or whatever are refusing "pets" you would be able to get your service animal in and take it to safety.

Please consider this if you ever are in a position to make your dog a service animal because it may end up being your precious furbaby who is saved by your actions. Just food for thought.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!