View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
DukesMommy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn218 View Post
Any other advice you are willing to share that you learned from your course???
Like, any supplements that really help (and are healthy)
Any 'super' foods?
haha well....They advised not to take any supplements without a doctors recommendation because, different people have different needs so it's easy for a person to get too much of or too little of certain nutrients. One major contributor of unnecessary calories in a day is drinks, a lot of people drink a lot of soda, starbucks coffees (my guilty pleasure), and just other high sugar drinks. Cutting back on those, replacing them with water, can give you some noticeable results in a short amount of time. The course really stressed just eating balanced meals and watching calorie intake compared to your amount of daily activity. MyPyramid.gov - United States Department of Agriculture - Home was one of the websites we used in class, they offer some good info and can give you advice based on your own diet.

The diet I am on came from my doctor, and it follows a similar diet for diabetes patients. In a nutshell I basically watch my portion sizes, cut back on carbs, and eat a lot more protein. Plus exercise.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!