View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
Woogie Man
Donating Member

You've brought a new puppy into the home and it's re-shuffled the deck, so to speak. Seems like Chloe is asserting her place by showing dominance over what she can. She's probably more insecure than anything. This behavior is understandable but inappropriate. You have to correct bad behavior when it's extreme and let her know YOU are the big dog but if it's not out of hand yet, you may want to try reassuring Chloe that's she's just as special as ever. Try to set some quality time aside for her, especially when she's being good. Then, when you do need to correct her, do it matter-of-factly, go on about your business and don't act like you hold a grudge. Dogs don't understand the concept of a grudge so you can act like nothing happened after a few minutes. This is the way they interact with each other. We have a 'pack' of Yorkies in our home and have seen one or two act up whenever there's a new member. I try to nip it in the bud and correct it quickly so we can all get on with life as usual. I make sure that everyone feels special everyday, even if it's only for a few minutes. This really helps to keep the pot from boiling over. You are their whole world and they need assurance that you love them as much as they love you. I'm no expert but I live with this every day and it's the only way I can keep a lid on things.
Woogie Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!