View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 08:42 AM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashantay
Hiya everyone, It has been awhile since I posted because I have been fretting over Kissa. I know she is not a yorkie but I still love her to tiny pieces and don't you dare try to tell her she is not a lap dog cause she will show you she truly is.
Anyway we had a midnite run to the vet lastnight to get her shots for mastitis which she now has in one of her back teats. Poor baby it was as big as a large plum and so hard. Vet was brilliant with her and listened to what me and my husband had to say. He was very gentle with her but was firm enough to check her over and know what to do with her I was chuffed to bits when I left there with her. He gave her a shot of steroids and one of antibiotics for swelling and infection battling and then told us to come back in the morning. I took Kissa in this morning and proceeded to offend the vet by telling her that the vets at the place I was at just did not care enough about my dog thinking she was the vet tech. I felt so bad cause the look on her face let me know she was the vet and she was upset cause she had never seen me before today. I promptly apologized and told her why I was so upset with the vets at her company. She stated that there was no way my dog was ever fat and that the other dr should have booked her in for a spay when we requested. It is now going to cost us a small fortune to get her spayed cause it will be an emergency spaying. Well sort of they do not feel it is urgent enough to do now as she is still dealing with her puppies( that are not there) but as soon as her milk dries up she is to be spayed.
The plus side is we have pet insurance and they MAY cover the cost of the spaying as it is due to medical reasons that it needs to be done.

She also booked her in next week with another vet that she trusts to care for my dog as much as I do. I was in tears talking to her about my baby girl as the stress is finally catching up I think.

For any of you whose dog's go through false pregnancies when your dog lactates it is VERY important to check her teats every day preferably twice a day once in the morning and once at night. We caught it early enough that it did not spread to any of her others but she is still not a healthy baby. I have learned though it could have been much much worse for her if we did not check her over so much making sure all was well.
I'm so sorry about your baby. What kind of dog is she? Mollie had a false pregnancy last year after her first heat. Luckily she didn't have any problems and just 5 weeks ago had 3 babies.

I'm glad you caught it in time. I hope she starts to feel better soon.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!