View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
littlelady
Currently Suspended!

Default I thought about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammySyverson View Post
Thursday morning, Sammy wouldn't eat anything (not even one of his small treats). He would chase his ball and then lie down on the floor like he needed to rest. I ran upstairs to tell my hubby I was taking him to the vet. Vet said he was dehydrated and she needed to take blood to run some tests. She said to call her back in a couple of hours. When I called back, she said he had a bacterial infection and would need to stay overnight, on Friday (July 4th), and I might could pick him up Saturday morning. I was a little in shock, so I didn't know what to ask. Went to see him on Friday for a visit. He had the collar on and both front paws wrapped for IV's. He seemed to be doing well. I asked assistant if he could die from it, and she said yes but he wouldn't because I brought him in so quickly. Well, $414 later, I have him back home. He is still on antibiotics but is back to eating his regular food today (yeah!). I'm making him rest more as he has been in the "hospital" for 2.5 days.

Needless to say, I'm going to invest in the pet insurance. I read some blogs about a few. Thanks again for your help! I really do turn to you guys to help me out when I don't know what to do.

Sammy is doing well I'm glad to say!!
the next day after getting my new pup I had him in the vets office. I have had him just a month and I have spent well over $1000.00 in vet bills for him.
I didn't activate the insurance when I registered him by the 2 second week of having him. Because nothing he had been treated for would have been covered. He would not be covered for any illness for the next 30 days.
He got sick with in that time frame. They were vague on if they would cover anything he had been treated for prior to coverage unless a rider was applied with a time limit? Life insurance that covers accidental death I wish I had that on my other dog he had gotten hit by a car. he was a show quality pup. He chased a ground squirrel into the street right into a car nad broke his neck. I am thank ful he didn't suffer. He was not all torn up because my 6 year old son found him and ran into the road without regard for himself and retreived the dog and brought him to the house sobbing dramatically. It was the worst day of my life. I hadn't felt that bad since my mother died. I don't ever want to go through a tragedy like it again.
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!