View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
yorkie08
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Question about dog food

Hey, I'm new around here (and a first time owner as well!!) My yorkie is a year old and lately i've been noticing that she is getting very picky with her food. When she was a puppy she used to gobble down the dry kibble we gave her (Innova for puppies) but then around 6 months her interest in Innova puppy started to decline so i switched to another food this time Canidea (sp?) and she loved that food. But now as usually she's starting to dislike it...to the point where she won't eat for two days (just eat a mouth full and leave the rest). So now i've switched to wellness and she's been on that for 3 months but i'm once again noticing shes beginning to lose interest (in a sense). I don't know what to do cause I keep switching foods. i've even gone back to innova and canidea with no success. I add warm water to the food sometimes to stir her appetite and make the food more enticing but with no success. I've even brought wet food and mixed it with the dry food, but she licks up the wet food and spits out the dry food. (sry this is so long...but i've tried everything) I was thinking about just feeding her wet canned food but i've heard people say that canned food is not as good (it isn't good for the teeth, makes the stool softer, has higher water content so not as nutritious etc) and i'm not sure if those rumors are right. I'm also hesitant on getting her on a raw diet. So basically what i'm asking is what else can i do (because i would like to keep her on the kibbles) and is wet food a good substitute (i don't want her to lose any nutritional value)? As you can see i'm an apprehensive first time owner but I only want to the best for her. Thanks!!
yorkie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!