View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
chanel49
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default We had the biggest scare today!

Our little 10 weeks old morkie Polo was playing with with our 14 months old yorkie Chanel on the sofa with my 13 year old son. Polo accidentaly fell and my son saw him on his back all curled up with his neck on the side making a weired sound like as if he couldn't breath. He looked helpless and couldn't walk. We all cried thinking he was going to die. He was still breathing with bubbly sounds, so we called the vet and brought him in immediately. Once we got there, Polo seemed a bit better for he was moving his head as he started to walk and the vet felt no broken bones. The vet gave him a canned food to see if he would eat and he did for he wouldnt stop eating it. We were releived that he was doing better. The vet said to just keep an eye on him and beleived that he sufered from a seizer which might have lead him to fall from the sofa.

As soon as we got home he began to vomit. I called the vet and said that it could be from the new food, the fall, or the ride back home and to call back if he vomits again. we gave him his regular food and drank some water and we also gave him a drop of nutra cal and has not vomit for about 4 hours now.

We are just so worried about him, we pray that he doen't have any head injuries and hopfully will not vomit again.
chanel49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!