View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #5
BethPurk
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
That what I would call a puppy mill too, the main difference between puppy mills and backyard breeders, in my opinion, is that they don't get as much human interaction. I understand you wanting to save the puppy from that enviorment, but you have condemned more puppies to be born there and the parents to continue to have to live and breed in those conditions. Think about it, if you sold something, wouldn't you want to produce more to replace that?
Its a catch 22. If I didnt take her, someone else would have and they'd still produce more. I guess I have to think of it positively. I have her now and she's safe. I see what you are saying though, but we travelled quite a few hours to get her and had not seen the living conditions, etc prior to driving there. The website was cute. Even when we got there, the house was clean, the yard was clean. The parents and puppies had food/water, etc. The fenced in area was clean. Its too late now but I will know next time if I decide to purchase another Yorkie what to look out for. Thanks for the definitions because I do think its important to know the difference and although its too late for me now, it wont be the next time.

Last edited by BethPurk; 07-07-2008 at 08:46 AM.
BethPurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!