View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
BethPurk
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Your definition of a "Puppy Mill"

What is your definition of a Puppy Mill? When we got Sadie, she was inside the breeder's house with her sister pup and we were told that she had never been inside the house before. We went out back to visit the mom and dad and they had them in a fenced in area with a building attached to it with a hole that they could walk through into an inside, covered area. We insisted on having our puppy registered because we wanted to be sure that the puppy we were receiving was a true purebred Yorkie. We have had muttdogs in the past and as wonderful as they've been, you dont always know what you are getting. You could see a personality or behavior develop that you arent expecting because its a mix. With a purebred, we know the temperment and attitude of the breed we have. Especially with us having children, it was important that we have a purebred puppy. Anyway, I cant imagine my pets living outside! I saw photo's of the puppies and the parents before we travelled to pick up Sadie and they were taken inside and outside. I was saddened to see that Sadie's parents lived outside in the heat, even though they had a sheltered area to go to. I have always believed that animals should live in the home and be loved and socialized. Do you believe based on my description that this could have been a puppy mill? They dont just breed Yorkies but also one other breed of small dog too. It felt like a puppy mill type to me and if it was or it wasnt, I believe Ive rescued Sadie from it.
BethPurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!