View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
knitbritt
YT Addict

Love yorkie therapy advice

Hi everyone,

I have a little bit of a dilemma and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or had been through something similar. I am planning to get a yorkie pup sometime in the following year. I've been doing my research and after the holidays are over I am going to get to work on getting the actual puppy. The problem is while my boyfriend is very caring and gentle as far as animals go.... he spends hours feeding my cockatiel cheerios and talking to him.(In secret so I don't notice of course he is emotionally very VERY afraid of getting a puppy. The reason is because when he was a child and going through a very rough time in his life he had a small terrier mix named Tiffany. He adored Tiffany and she was the only person he could talk to at the time due to his family situation. Well, while they were out in the yard playing one day a big dog, german shepherd I think, came up, grabbed Tiffany by the neck and slung her to death. For years he just said he didn't like dogs. I didn't find out the Tiffany story until about a year ago. I want to make getting a puppy as easy as possible for him. Plus, I just know that if we could work past his fears of what happened in the past he would really benefit from having a better experience. Does anyone have any ideas on how to warm him up to the idea? I think it would really do him alot of good to grow to have another friend in a dog. Any advice you can give me would be great!

Thanks,
Britt
knitbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!