View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
tinyyorkie
Yorkie Talker

Unlove just lost a puppy..tell me what did i do wrong???

my pregnant yorkie is supposed to be due on july 13th. I took her to the vet last weekend, and he say this one needed a c section, because the puppy is big, with big head, will come feet first, and the mother is tiny. (my baby only weighs around 4 lbs.) so ok, I plan to bring her back to this vet this tuesday for confirmation. this is my first time to breed dog, i never plan to breed her, since shes so small, but accident do happen...

and then last night at 2am she delivered. she had no sympton of giving birth. still eat dinner at 8pm, no diarrhea, no vomit, no milk on her breast, none of that sympton. suddenly at 11 pm she started nasting and looked very uncomfortable. I think its normal, because I read mother start nesting 1 week before delivery.

suddenly at 1.30 am I heard sound like shes having an upset stomach, and I see the baloon sac comes out partly from her vulva. im so shocked. i really dont know what to do, because in my mind im having a plan c section.

i didnt dare to pull the sac, and obviously she need help, since its a big puppy. so im busy calling my vet and heading to his home.
when i get there the sac in entirely gone, i see 2 back feet dangling around, and green / black substance coming out.

so the vet pull the puppy out with all his power, he said its too late to save the puppy, hes gone long time ago. and it did come out lifeless, but the mother is ok..

i mean, what do i do worng? i feel so sorry for that lil guy. the vet said this happen because of my lack of experience. he say i shouldnt let the sac be torn, should handle her with extra care.

but i read alot of info saying the puppy can still survive even the sac is torn and the umbilical cord cut off..can my vet make wrong decision??

now the mother seems off her feet, she still eat, but looks confused at times, shes just running around the house probably searching for the baby...what should i do??

i feel so sorry.. i wish i've been more prepare. cant tell you how much im sorry for that lil guy and the mom...
tinyyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!