View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
littlelady
Currently Suspended!

Default test done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Lepto is something you probably don't want to give a liver compromised Yorkie because it isn't a core vaccine and all vaccines are hard on the liver. I know lepto is bad in Indiana right now and it is a hard call that only you and your vet can make but it is risky.

Do you trust your vet?
Honestly, something doesn't sound right.
They shouldn't have surgery for a shunt without a positive diagnosis.
What if it is MVD?
What tests have been done so far?
I'm sure you told me already but I can't remember now. So many people on YT are dealing with bile acid testing or liver shunt that it all kind of gets mixed up after awhile.
The only test he has had so far is the BAT and a couple of CBC's and 1 chem profile. But as the vet and I talked we both agreed that unless a shunt is seen on a veinogram etc. then from reading up on these sometimes the only definitive diagnosis is made during the surgery.

From investigating this I have found some theories that Liver shunt is being more prominent from inbreeding.

Do I trust my vet right now I don't know what to say . sometimes I think he is listening to me and other times, "why didn't he tell me that? I just waited to get my pups dewormed at 6 weeks because his office staff told me to bring them in at 6 weeks. He told me usually he worms pups at 2-4-6 weeks. I was dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say. I didn't look that up on here because I trusted what he said. I am still trying to figure out how I missed this. No harm done the pups haven't left the house, and I haven't had their mom outside much and she has been on heartguard right along. that night after getting the strongid. I found only one pup had gotten rid of one dead worm. No more seen in any other feces from the other pups. I watch them so closely.
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!