View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #1
myfirstyorkie
Donating YT Addict

Default puppy weight question

I put a deposit on a male puppy (from a breeder of 10 years). He is 4 weeks old and weighs 1lb 4oz. I know a couple of people that have Yorkies from the dad of this puppy and their dogs grew to be on the small side (gorgeous dogs). The stud weighs 2 1/2 pounds and the mom weighs 4lbs. I am getting really nervous because I think 1lb 4oz is big for being 4 weeks old. Is it possible that he is big now then we will stop growing early? The breeder seems to think he will stay small. She said she has never had a Yorkie that weighed more than 4 1/2lbs full grown. I have a litter of 5 puppies that are 4 weeks old right now and the littlest puppy is 12.9oz and the bigest weighs 15.7oz. Thats another reason why I am nervous. My puppies seem so much smaller than the one I have a deposit on. And I do not expect mine to be on the smale side. I was hoping that this male that I have a deposit on would be in the 3lb-4lb range. I would really like a breeders input on this as not only will he be our pet but he will also be our stud dog. I just want to make sure he is smaller than my 2 females Amber And Mia (they are 5lbs).

Thank You
myfirstyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!