View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
DukesMommy
YT 500 Club Member

Default visit to the vet yesterday

I made an appointment for Lucie to have her frist vet visit, and Duke needed is rabies update and he also had something going on with his eyes that I noticed when we got home, so they both saw the vet yesterday.

While my parents were watching Duke for the 3 months I was gone, he managed to get an eye infection, he gained 6lbs he now weighs 15lbs, something is wrong with his ear, and he was scratching terribly. He has a red rash on his belly, scratches in one ear, and he is losing hair on his rear end.

Lucie is ok except for when I got her she had skin irritation on her belly, and he ears were totally dirty. The vet gave me saline to clean her ears out with, and said the skin irritation on her belly can be from her urine getting in her hair. Since that started clearing up since I picked her up from the breeder I don't need to treat it.

For Duke, I have an ointment for his eyes, and the vet told me it seems as though he has bad allergies. She told me that the hair loss could be from an allergy to fleas, but he has no fleas...I have thoroughly checked him for fleas, and can't find anything. I bought a new shampoo to try today that has oatmeal and aloe vera in it. Is there anything else I could try?? The vet told me to get benedryl to control the itching, but I would rather not have him on meds constantly if there is something else I can do for him.
I'm so mad that my parents couldn't follow my care instructions for him while I was gone...They didn't even cut his hair to keep it out of his eyes, which is how his eyes got infected...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!