View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #1
Izzy Princess
Therapy Dog
Donating Member

Default Izzy's first therapy doggie visit at the hospital!

Well finally we went to the hospital for our very first therapy visit. There is so much to tell I finally did our first blog so please read all about our first day here:
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/blogs/izzy%2Bprincess/266-my-first-visit-therapy-doggie.html

I did take a couple of pics of us before we went. Unfortunately we can't take pics at the hospital unless they are taken with a Polaroid. Those are not my rules but the hospital and Delta Organization.

Oh our colors for the program are blue and we were going to get our shirt and bandana at the hospital so for our first visit I wore a blue dress and Izzy wore a blue bow. I know...not her girlie color but at least this bow had a huge crystal in it..so a little bling..lol. And even funnier when we got Izzy's bandana it's so HUGE that I'm going to have to cut it to fit her. (In case you all are wondering dogs in the program can't wear doggie clothes...only the bandana and in Izzy's case her bow). So at least with the bows I can change them for the season/holiday.

I can't tell everyone how wonderful it was to finally visit after such a long time training and studying for this. It's truly amazing how one feels while visiting these patients.

Our committment to the program is to visit at least 2x a month but I think we will be going at least 1x a week. The hard part will be getting to know the hospital layout...it's so big and confusing. Thank goodness our program director comes with me and for as many visits as I feel comfortable until we go solo. I'm thinking at least 3-5 times and then we can go visit on our own.

It's a lot of work and a committment but if anyone is thinking that they would like to do that with their Yorkie trust me it's all worth it!!
Attached Thumbnails
Izzy's first therapy doggie visit at the hospital!-first-visit-1.jpg   Izzy's first therapy doggie visit at the hospital!-first-visit-2.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!