Thread: Me 'n Wallace
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 07:39 PM   #13
BrookeB676
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
He is licensed by the USDA and thinks all breeders should have to be inspected like he is before they can sell puppies.

This is my opinion- being licensed by the USDA is a red flag in itself. I have no idea who this man you guys are speaking of is, nor do I really care, BUT I do know that the only reason someone needs a USDA license is if they have and are breeding numerous animals. Have you seen the USDA regulations? They are almost a joke! Depending on how many dogs and if they are pregnant, they only require under their regulations such a small space. I cant find the exact measurement, but I know only enough space to barely move. Imagine being in a cage your whole life? But the cage is alright because its USDA regulated? I dont think so...

I also agree that no matter the character of a human being, if they are breeding more than one breed, I cant see how that is a good thing. I had a conversation with Maya's breeder. Yes, she was the nicest lady, told me how her dogs didnt live in cages, how wonderful she was blah blah blah! That was a complete lie as I found out by a later investigation that she does indeed keep her dogs in cages bc one of the USDA inspectors came by and told her she needed to provide more tarp on her cages to prevent the dogs from being wet. Do you think Maya's breeder would have told me that? I dont think so, the picture she painted was flawless. Anyone can tell you anything, I appreciate having faith in people, but come on.

The bottom line is that being inspected by the USDA doesnt mean much. Even if they are treating the animals badly, the USDA doesn't have a lot of inspectors, and very little seems to happen to mills that get bad inspections anyway. I think we have to draw the line somewhere...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!