View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Cookie2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

She sounds as if she might be. So she is about 4 weeks? If so ,I would wait another 2 weeks.One sure sign that most breeders go by is a clear/clear yellow discharge around 4-5 weeks. I noticed this on my dog at around 5 weeks. It looked like mucus .A dog with a false pregnancy does have this discharge. Ithink it's one of the only signs that sets a true and false pregnancy apart.I'm sure experienced breeders may have other sure signs but mainly ,you might have to wait a little longer. Sometimes certain vets are not so good with Palpatation. I waited until my dog was 51 days and they did an Xray . I recommend you wait until 55-57 days since the Xrays will be even more clear. This is my dog's Xray and you can see 2 puppies but it would have appeared much more clear if Iwould have waited another 5 days at least!

What I did was measure her ribcage and waist area once a week. She went from 12.5 inches to 16.5 inches! However a false pregnancy might cause a weight gain also.The best would be an Xray or sonogram but a sonogram will only tell you she's pregnant.It's difficcult to get an accurate count of how many puppies with a sonogram.

Geie,Cookie,Lola & Angel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51DaysXrayarrows.jpg (68.9 KB, 40 views)
Cookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!