View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
btpingrey
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Pregnant or not?

Hi all! I am new to breeding and have researched all the information I can find on yorkies and have also talked to the sire's owner. I am wondering if anyone in YT can provide me information based on their personal experiences.

Annie Belle was bred on June 7, 8, and 9. Her heat cycle started around May 30. Since breeding, her teats have gotten larger and darker. She is very calm and doesn't play much at all (she prefers to lay around a lot). She is demanding of affection and has gotten very picky about her food. She started throwing up last weekend a bright yellow fluid. From what I understand, these are normal signs of pregnancy. However, when I took her to the vet on Thursday (2nd) for her prenatal checkup, he said it was too soon to palpate puppies and said he couldn't feel anything (also the u/s equipment was not working). My questions are this: Is it possible that she is having a false pregnancy? She did have a false preg. with her first heat cycle, but there was no vomiting. Is there anyone who can describe in detail how to palpate the puppies and when I should be able to feel puppies?

Thanks so much for your help!

btpingrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!