View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 06:32 AM   #1
Mommy of Brandi
YT 500 Club Member

Rainbow Not a Happy July 4th

I know I haven't been here in a while I'm moving and I've been working in the aparment for months now. I hate to come "back" with sad news but...sad news it is. My daughter and son in law had to put they're 11 year old lab mix Bob down on Thursday. They're soooooooo upset, and so am I. Bob was a great dog, no one could walk by without stopping to pet or play with him. He developed a brain tumor and had 2 seizures Mother's Day weekend. My daughter and I had taken him to a Doggie Neurologist about 2 weeks ago. They put him on prednisone which helped temporarily, Bob was even able to take a nap on the couch, unfortunately it was short lived :-(. She gave my daughter some good advice when my daughter asked how do I know "when", she said: make a list of his 5 most favorite things (e.g. eating, playing with a particular toy, going for a walk) and when he can't do any or all, it's time. Bob had a bad seizure on Tuesday and it was just downhill from there. He didn't want his bully stick (which is his most favorite thing in the world) he wouldn't really eat, the couch was out of the question, he could barely stand or walk. They knew it was time.

I must say their vet was wonderful, when they got there they asked if they would prefer it to be done on the table or on the floor, Bob hated the table so they opted for the floor. They laid a blanket on the floor and my daughter and son in law were able to sit with him and pet him. Afterwards the vet techs made a clay paw print and put Bob's name with hearts around it and the date. I thought it was so caring how the vets office handled such a sad, sad event.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!