Thread: Me 'n Wallace
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:12 PM   #10
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
After having this nagging feeling in the back of my mind for weeks I decided to call Wallace Haven today.

He owns Puppy Haven Kennel in Wisconsin (www.puppyhavenkennel.com)which some of you may recall was the subject of a very heated "puppymill thread" recently, and, after talking to him I don't think he has ever told a lie, or even so much as a fib, in his life. He was THE nicest man and he is soooo proud of his kennel. His community is also proud of him.

I wish every one of you who were involved in that thread would call him and talk to him yourself because you would know that he is not running a "puppymill" or anything close to it.

He uses no wire on the floors of the pens as people said and he is very careful who he sells to and his name is on the paperwork.

He stands behind his word that if anyone contacts him and complains that the place that sold them one of his puppies didn't do right by them he will compensate them himself and not do business with that establishment again.

He is licensed by the USDA and thinks all breeders should have to be inspected like he is before they can sell puppies. The State of Illinois requires a license to sell puppies too and he is licensed by them, and he has a lot of people refer to him so he has no problem not doing business with any establishment that he feels is not treating people fairly.

His phome number is 608-837-2858 and I would encourage anyone who thinks he mistreats his animals in any fashion to call him and you will feel better. He is the "Salt of the earth".

Also, he never received an email nor sent an email to anyone from Yorkietalk about the thread that was posted about his kennel or the member who claimed to have secretly inspected his kennel.

So, we no longer have to feel like "one of our own" is guilty of this as we were previously lead to believe.

If you do call please post your impressions here.
Kim, have you been there? Isn't it funny when you read the explanation of these
Designer Dogs ( another word for mixed breed) they only inherit the good traits
and health of each breed??????????? What a joke!! I love the warranty. At least
he used the right word because it's no guarantee. If there is a congential defect,
he will send you another if you send him your sick dog back to him. Sure who
would do it. And if someone did send their poor dog back would he resell it?? I
wasn't there but I don't think you were either and since I wouldn't buy a designer
dog , I probably would look no further. If he had yorkies in a kennel situation, I
would look no further, If he had CKC in a kennel situation I would look no further,
if he had a cocker in a kennel situation I might look but after I read the Warranty
I would run for the hills!! I'm beginning to think you just love controversy!!

Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!