Thread: Treats anyone?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2005, 04:26 PM   #14
lickthestar
YT Addict

hard boiled eggs are actually good for dogs. they are recommended for dogs with health problems, and they're digestable and I haven't noticed anything bad because of it. Archie likes to eat the yolks first and he sort of plays with the whites and then eats them.

Dogs can generally eat some of the good healthy stuff we do as long as you're aware of what's in the food. People cook for their dogs daily. The eggs are like a huge treat for Archie. I give him omelets cut up in pieces, too. A lot of the really healthy natural dog foods have carrots, eggs, apples, so why not? Apples are good. there's a lot of fiber. Take a look at the food Merrick makes and see what they put in there...it's like lamb, chickpeas, and apples. You can get a lot of ideas of what's acceptable just by looking at ingredients in the good pet foods.

The good thing about the hard boiled eggs is that you can make a few beforehand and keep them to give to your yorkie later on. After I boil the egg, I pop out the yolk and give it to Archie like in a little ball. He likes that.
lickthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!