View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:46 PM   #24
lovelylf1
I ♥ Scooter
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadecomputergal View Post
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not against vaccinating my dogs. I just don't have mine vaccinated when it's not warranted. If mine went to a day care, I'd religiously keep up with Bordetella vaccinations, even though Bordetella isn't life threatening. It's basically like having a kid with a cold.

As you said, this vaccination won't necessarily prevent it. That's the case with many dogs, but it can reduce the severity of the symptoms and the recovery time. Also like you, I prefer the injection if the vaccination is given. I'm not sure why so many people are going with the intra-nasal version so much recently. I keep wondering if it's because they're afraid of needles themselves, so they get queasy when a vet brings one out to give their dogs a shot. I don't know about the rest of you, but my dogs, cats, and ferrets have never minded shots. The needles vets use are very fine to the point they're hardly felt. When my animals get shots, they just stand there like, "la, la, la," and don't even seem to realize it's happened.
I hope I didn't come off as being harsh. After reading your note, I realized it could be interpreted that way and I want to apologize for the possiblity of misinterpretation. Many people on YT get into debates on who is right or wrong. I don't believe that there is one solid correct answer out there. As long as everyone can research and make an informed decision, that is enough for me. I can only speak for what I know and I am glad that we all have a great place like YT where we can share personal experiences. What applies to a yorkie, may not be the same as something that applies to a westie or cairn or poodle.... Without a forum like this where everyone can learn and share, I wouldn't know what I do. Thanks to everyone who contributes and shares.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!