View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
Yorksmama
YT Addict

Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypreciouspups View Post
oh my, I hope you went to the vet.. I will be watching for updates.. good luck and sending prayers all is ok with mom and babies..

anne
I am back! What a day. I did go to the vet first thing in the morning. They ended up giving her a total of 3 doses of a medication to induce labor! This was throughout the day. I delivered a healthy girl @ this morning at home, 4 oz. She is doing wonderful and took right to latching on to feed. She seems to be attatched more than she is not! The second one we lost. He was very tiny. 1 3/8 oz. The vet said that he probably did not have the strength to take a breath. Poor little guy. Well, it took a long time, but Lily delivered her last pup at 12 hours later a little boy, 2 1/4 oz. He is not as quick to catch on to latching on. But I found a trick that works! Maybe others already know this, but it saved me. I pinch the nipple to the right and left of it, not head to toe direction, and he will latch on immediately! I am so exausted right now. I have been awake since Wednesday morning. I couldn't sleep last night because I was really wanting to keep a close eye on Lily. I just now am able to get onto my computer and give an update! I took a ton of photos and I am going to upload them after this post!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!