View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
Too Cute Teddy
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadens_mommy_22 View Post
im gonna be a freshman next year ! (yay) im gonna be in honors language arts ! (yay) i have to read four books and write essays for all of them and do three other assignments ! (NOT YAY) . i have to read lord of the flies (william golding), the old man and the sea (ernest hemingway), of mice and men (john steinbeck), and things fall apart (chinua achebe) .

my parents, year after year, help me through it ALL step-by-step and im very grateful for that . but four books ?! oh mann .... im gonna be completelyy honest with all of you. i dont think i have EVER fully read a single novel in my entire life. i feel dumb just mentioning it, but its true. i dont have the PATIENCE or CONCENTRATION needed to do it. i los interest fasttt ! right now, im on page 40 of my first book. i've been working on this one since the last day of school. i dont need anyone telling me im stupid (im really not. im quite smart actually), i just have concentration issues. just wish me luck YT . pleasee? im really gonna need it this summer =|

thanks everyone ! =D
They are all good books!! Out of the 4 Things Fall Apart and Lord of the Flies would be my least favorites. Hemmingway is very easy to read, but there is a lot to it, and I love, love, love Of Mice and Men - Lenny - aww - you will like it - I've yet to meet a student who hasn't! Happy reading!
*edit - I just read some of the other posts - you could try taking audio books out from your library - I try to incorporate both into my classroom because many students are auditory learners and will comprehend the book better if they listen to it instead of read it! - Best of luck - you can always pm me if you have any questions!

Last edited by Too Cute Teddy; 07-03-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Too Cute Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!