View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #5
Cadens_mommy_22
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy4 View Post
The biggest mistake made in education is assuming every kid is a paper pencil kid.....we are all SO very different and it doesnt mean you are Dumb if you have never completed a book!!!! Some have different attention spans and energy levels its IMPOSSIBLE for some to sit still and read a whole book and actually comprehend it! Like me!! I am very a.d.d. and a lil ocd but I function totally normal (i think lol) I just have to stay busy and if ou asked me to sit and read a book Id laugh!!! NO WAY

I wish you the best of luck and dont get down on yourself...we are all different and you may EXCEL at something and not excel so much in another doesnt make you dumb!
i think i have the same problem as you ! thats such a relief ! i grew up excelling in math, but not so much reading and understanding. everyone in my family can read a book, comprehend it, and discuss it. i, on the other hand, cannot. when you HAVE to read a book, how do you understand what your reading? i've been on sparknotes and cliffnotes just to get to know the book in simpler terms. but i still dont know what im reading. im reading words, taking it one sentence at a time, and NOTHING. im on page 40, and all i can tell you is that there are boys somewhere and one is named Ralph. none of my family understands that i dont know what im reading. please help in any way you can ! im starting to think there's something wrong with me
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!