View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #7
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

You know, I am bawling like a baby. My heart is breaking for these magnificient animals. Perhaps if the BLM would capture capture and castrate the stallions and release them. Leave only the best of the best intact. Maybe something like what the Sterile Ferile does with ferel cats.

It doesn't sound like many horses, but horses live long lives and a healthy mare will product one foal per year from the time she is a three year old. If only 1/2 of the 27,000 are mares - well when you start doing the math it is mind boggling.

These magnificient animals need a place to run free. They had that before the big CATTLE ranchers decided to make a deal with federal government. These cattle ranchers are stealing the grazing land from YOU AND I. As American citizens, we own all free land. But the government has made deals -- the horses have no place to go and few to speak for them. The voices of you and I are not nearly as strong in congress as those of the huge $$ ranchers.
If enough people made enough noise, the government would still do what it plans to do with them, only under more cover. It has been done countless times.

The BLM is a small agency that is understaffed, and overworked. Here is a link to their site Wild Horses and Burros
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!