Thread: regurgitating??
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
y0rkiesR0ck
YT Addict

Default regurgitating??

okay, i'm bringing up a subject similar to a thread i posted about a month ago because i'm still confused. i searched YT for "burping up food" and read different threads about it. however, i'm confused because some threads say it's normal and others say it could be a sensitive stomach or liver issues or several other underlying health problems. i'm a worrier, so reading stuff like that causes me to overreact sometimes.

so, i guess it's not the act of burping that i'm worried about. it's the regurgitating. it's not often that he regurgitates his food, but he did it today. it was a tiny amount (about the size of a poker chip or less), and it had half-digested kibble in it. it could be because he barely chews his kibble, or it could be because i carried him around in his carrier and the movement made him nauseous. it doesn't happen often enough that i would rush him to the vet, but when it does happen i freak out and start to wonder why he's doing it.

he's actually eating as i type this, and i can't really hear him chewing the pieces of kibble. i hear one tiny crunch and then he swallows. could that be the reason? he's not eating fast by any means. should i mix his kibble with water?

thanks much!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!