View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
PtVintage
Yorkie Talker

Thumbs down Arkansas Breeder- Granny Puppies

I posted my story on the general board, and it was suggested I put it here.
I got my first Yorkie puppy a last week. My fiance bought him as a surprise for me. He had been searching around online while on a business trip, and found "Granny Puppies" on a list of akc breeders.
Maltepoo, Puggle Designer Dog Breeder, Sales| Granny Puppies
He ordered him on Monday, and on Tuesday took me to the airport and surprised me with him. I was thrilled to say the least. I've wanted a Yorkie forever, and now I had an adorable sweet little guy.
We noticed as soon as we got home that he was kind of lathargic and refused to eat, but we credited that to the stress of flying. We made an appointment to go to the vet the next day.
We took him to the vet, and he said that the puppy had kennel cough, an ear infection, an eye infection and a stomach virus. He pumped the little guy full of antibiotics, and sends me home with medicine to give him twice a day, as well as some food he thinks the puppy will eat.
That night, after force feeding him, he throws up, so we take him back to the vet. The vet checks him into the boarding hospital and puts him on an IV.
Paxton is there for two days. When we take him home, the vet says he's fine, but he's still not eating. I spent the weekend forcefeeding him, and when I'm not force feeding him, he's dead asleep. He doesn't act like a puppy at all. He has no interest in toys, or exploring, or doing anything except curling up and sleeping.
I decide I've had enough, so I make an appointment for bright and early Monday. The vet decides that it's not a stomach virus, but has no clue what it is, so he xrays him. He says further tests are needed to determine what's wrong with him.
My fiance decides to take him to another vet that day. The second vet takes a blood test and discovers that his white blood cell count is way too high. They investigate further, and find out he has a parasite. His treatment is $1400.
As of right now, he is still at the vet. He's been improving luckily. They told us if we hadn't brought him in that night, he probably would have died.
The breeder- "Granny Puppies" had been continuely informed of what had been happening with the puppy. She said to send it back and she'll send a new one. That was her only answer through all of this. She even claimed it wasn't her fault the puppy was unhealthy, or that his condition got so bad. She took absolutely no responsiblity for selling us an unhealthy puppy. The puppy came to us sick, yet she doesn't feel that she owes us reinbursment for all the heartache and vets bills ($2,000...so far). Even her warrenty is worded so that she has no responsibly for the puppy, leading to me to believe this has happened before.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WOMAN. Paxton hasn't been around any dogs since he got here, so he had to have gotten the parasite from her kennel, so all her puppies probably have it. Plus he was sick from the minute he arrived.
I really wish my fiance had just paid more, and gotten a puppy locally, from a place we could visit before we bought. But at least we managed to save a puppy from dying at the hands of this woman, even if she did profit from it.
PtVintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!