View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #12
nydia
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard View Post
If you are going to breed dogs you cannot keep them all and give them all the attention they deserve. You have to trust your screening process and your ability to judge character when you place a puppy. I know on the face of it you are missing him but underlying that do you believe that no one can care for him or love him as well as you? If so, I would have to concur that dog breeding is probably not the best avenue for you to celebrate your love for the breed. There is nothing wrong with that, and you can use your time and $ in an effort to purchase the best quality dog you can find to show and even special, and after its breed ring career is over you can enjoy so many other things with that dog- therapy, or a companion sport like rally or obedience, or any number of things you can participate in with your dogs. There are so many ways to enjoy your chosen breed other than breeding them.

I think the visit could be good or bad. Good if you are able to maintain emotional control and not shower the puppy with too much attention-- his attention should be coming from his new owners. Bad if you upset him and them. It might be better to wait a few days so he is more confident in his new surroundings.

You are so right...but I think more than anything it's just me missing him, I do trust that they can give him a good home, today when I went to visit my fear of him falling down their steps was eased, when they are upstairs with him they put a baby gate in front of the steps, and when they go down the steps they pick him up, Reese told me he knows Peewee (his new name) does not know how to walk down the stairs and is scared to so for now he picks him up and leaves him on the fourth step like he was used to at my house, he said gradually he will leave him one step higher until he learns how to go down the stairs, and they already have pictures of Reeses soon to be wife sleeping and sitting right on top of her forehead while she slept was peewee, and you could tell his fiance was knocked out, so they are already spoiling him, he sleeps in the bed with them, their bed is low to the ground so he is safe climbing in and out of the bed. Overall it was a nice visit, they were really enjoying all of my babies, the wife kept asking for my Sabrina, she was loving her, she gave her all kinds of kisses so I just know Peewee is going to be loved and spoiled, I just miss him like crazy, I let myself get attached and I don't know I guess I will get over it, but I do think I'm going to stop breeding because I do fear I will not be able to let another one go after how I felt letting Moomoo go to someone I didn't know
nydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!