View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Txgurl06
RIP Skoshi! Love You
Donating Member

Default similar problems anyone?

a week ago from saturday Chicago started coughing and then gagging at the end of each cough. After that the coughing stopped but you could here gurgling in his throat or nose. So wednesday we took him to the vet. They said everything sounded great and he wouldnt do anything in front of the vet (of course) she said his throat was fine. She said if anything it was prob a respitory infection or allergies..
she gave cago amoxicillan, and a antihystmine.

well saturday he started coughing again all night. I was up all night. so i called the emergency vet at 5:00 am sun morning and the vet heard the coughing through the phone. I took him in at 7:30 am. A diff vet lady( same vet hospital) checked him and she said his heart was great, his lungs and throat were great. Once again she said she thought it was respitory or allergies but that his cough was too bad for him. So she put him on a diff antibiotic, gave him cough syrup for only when he coughed. well i have been up every night since saturday with only about 2 or 3 hours of sleep. it doesnt even seem like its getting better and seems way worse at night. Im soooo frustrated and i have no clue what to do.

any advice or anyone go through the same thing?

ohhh they said he was prob gagging at the end because after coughing it probably felt like something was tickling his throat.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!